Sunday, May 27

The Smell of Summer


As hard I try, I can't believe it's really Memorial Day weekend. Weeks pass by, yet they feel like days. I'm still stuck in mid April!

Yet, the two Christmas cactus, who wanted nothing to do with us in winter, when we needed them most, have started to bloom. Profusely!

Well, who am I to argue with nature?
Christmas in May

I bought these peonies, unopened, yesterday while at the market. We sidetracked to a park bench to watch the world go by, which they didn't like too much. By the time we meandered home and put them in water, they opened to have a dash of fuchia in the center. Joyous surprise!

Peonies and stained glass

The blue glass is something I got at the Antique shop years ago. There were four of these blue and two more in green glass, and even though they were way out of my college student budget I didn't hesitate to scoop them up...who needs car insurance anyways? They were, at one point part of a window; the edges still have a chalky hardened adhesive on them.
You can see the two a bit better here

xo

No comments: